[asterisk-users] PATH_MAX' undeclared here (not in a function) in asterisk!

lizhong zhu zhulizhongum at yahoo.com.cn
Tue May 15 20:23:12 MST 2007

hello, James FitzGibbon:
thank you for your help. i am very new to arm-linux and embedded linux. i think what you said is right. i am not very sure the steps i taken are correct. i post it here and please give me some help. it might be help other arm-linux users too. i installed all necessary libraries in my linux. if i just install asterisk under my linux. there is no problem. but when i cross-compile it, it has errors. i follow this url:http://wiki.neurostechnology.com/index.php/Asterisk, which tell me how to install asterisk in arm-linux. the steps are:

1. Download the asterisk source 1.4.
2. To the source directory

./configure --build=i686-linux --host=arm-linux  --without-pwlib --without-curl --prefix=/opt/OSD/neuros-bsp/toolchain/arm-linux

3.
# Look for the line in the Makefile,
ifeq ($(ASTDATADIR),)
  ASTDATADIR:=$(ASTVARLIBDIR)
endif

 Add the below lines, after the above lines(in Makefile),

ASTETCDIR=./kasterisk/etc
ASTLIBDIR=./kasterisk/lib
ASTVARLIBDIR=./kasterisk/var
ASTSPOOLDIR=./kasterisk/spool
ASTLOGDIR=./kasterisk/log
ASTHEADERDIR=./kasterisk/include
ASTBINDIR=./kasterisk/bin
ASTSBINDIR=./kasterisk/sbin
ASTVARRUNDIR=./kasterisk/var/run
ASTMANDIR=./kasterisk/man
ASTDATADIR:=$(ASTVARLIBDIR)

 4. Edit the makeopts file, (For somereason STRIP is not set by the configure,

  change the line of strip as follows,
 STRIP=arm-linux-strip
5. make menuselect
6. Select  'Module Embedding'
                                           [*] 1.  apps                                           [*] 2.  cdr                                           [*] 3.  channels                                           [*] 4.  codecs                                           [*] 5.  formats                                           [*] 6.  funcs                                           [*] 7.  pbx                                           [*] 8.  res     Select the applications using space bar.  7. In the mainmenu, select Compiler Flags,
      [*]13. STATIC_BUILD                Since we are going to do a static build.  8.
      make  9.
      Now go the Makefile of each subdirectories compiled,  Prepend the following line with .,  $(DESTDIR)$(MODULES_DIR)  need to get as  .$(DESTDIR)$(MODULES_DIR)
10: make install
i think asterisk should link with arm-linux-kernel, but it does not.
please give me hints for that problem.

thanks!
zhu