[asterisk-users] [*Win32 0.60] Sending call notification by e-mail/web?

Nick Seraphin asterisk at eaglequest.com
Mon May 14 23:43:40 MST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007, Vincent Delporte wrote:

> Hello,
>
> In case there are other users of the AsteriskWin32 port...
>
> I haven't really used the AGI feature of Asterisk to run an application
> from extensions.conf. *Win32 supports Perl, which I don't know. Apparently,
> it's also possible to write AGI applications as EXE's (there's a
> eagi-test.exe file installed by default).
>
> => When a call comes in, I'd like an AGI application to send an e-mail and
> send CID name/number to a script on a web server.
>
> Is this the correct way to do it in Perl, with the modules available in
> AsteriskWin32? Could I rewrite this in Delphi instead?

ALL AGI scripts are basically just programs that read from stdin and write
to stdout.  They can therefore be written in almost any language.  So yes,
Delphi should work fine.

(I have very fond memories of Delphi, and before that, Borland Pascal w/
Objects for DOS, and before that, Turbo Pascal...  one of these days I'll
have to get the latest version of Delphi and take a walk down memory lane.
These days everything is C this or Perl that.  I loved Pascal. :-))

-- Nick