[asterisk-users] zaptel huge irq problem

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon May 14 11:05:47 MST 2007

François Delawarde wrote:
> Thanks Michael,
>
> I've already been through all that unfortunately, and I have a SATA
> drive, so no UDMA mode 2 as far as I know. I'm currently trying
> everything again anyway, but i doubt it will work if nothing worked the
> first time.
>
> Anyone would know of issues with XEN or SMP (or both) kernel? Do dual
> core AMD64 processors have issues?

Uh, yeah...

Xen has many, many problems with interrupt handling and is utterly
unsuitable for running anything that depends on hardware peripherals. I
speak from very painful experience.

There is no way, under any circumstance, that I would try to run
Asterisk with interface cards in a Xen environment. It's too bad you
wasted so much time trying to fix it -- it's never going to work.

Try ripping Xen out and doing it directly on the physical server. I
think you'll find your problems will go away.

-Stephen-