[asterisk-users] RTP Mixer

Joshua Colp jcolp at digium.com
Mon May 14 09:39:41 MST 2007

Kapil Dhawan wrote:
> I was reading an article on RTP Mixer so started studying about the
> mixing done by Asterisk in MeetMe.  Read that CC should contain the no
> of participants ifupto 15 and CSRC should come, but not getting any by
> asterisk.

I'll just leave it at this so we can all move on with our lives:
Asterisk isn't totally an RTP Mixer in the sense you are reading about.
It is an audio mixer. Frame of audio comes in over RTP, gets sent in
(only the audio portion) to be mixed, frame comes out, gets turned into
RTP again. The RTP part has no idea that multiple sources were mixed
together, 'nor should it care. The sources could have been Zaptel
channels for example in which case they couldn't be added to the list.

Joshua Colp
Software Developer
Digium, Inc.