[asterisk-users] Hardware Echo cancellor Digium Wildcard TE212P

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Sat May 12 22:40:25 MST 2007

So Steven, did the echo problem stopped once the Hardware echo cancellor card was installed out of the box, or you needed to do some configuration changes like Rx & Tx etc.

  Thanks for sharing your experience.

  --
  Deepak

»Steven Ringwald« <asric at asric.com> wrote:
  Deepak Naidu wrote:
> Hi,
> I am currently using TE110P Digium card on a PRI card. Basically
> the echo is so much that one can disticntly identify that. I have tried
> all the combination if tuning configuration seen in forums etc. I am
> using MG2 cancellor algorithm & also tuned the RX & TX gains, still
> there is an echo.
>
> So I am thing to purchase an hardware based echo cancellor like Digium
> Wildcard TE212P.
>
> So in this regards I would like to get some view whether its worth to
> buy a hardwrae based echo cancellor. Will this resolve the issue, or
> will be just waste of money.
>
> I am using Asterisk 1.2.18 & latest version of zaptel drivers.
>
> Hope if someone had the same issue, I what has done to resolve it would
> be much appreciable.

In my experience, it is well worth the money. After installing several
for customers, we never bought the non-HWEC cards again...

Steve