[asterisk-users] The downside of Asterisk and least cost routing...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu May 10 23:21:32 MST 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) wrote:

> On Thu, May 10, 2007 23:44, Gordon Henderson wrote:
>> On Thu, 10 May 2007, Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) wrote:
>>
>>> It gives me pause though... Maybe it's time to get rid of my fixed
>>> line...
>>> ;-)
>>
>> No ;-) needed - I have friends on cable internet with no separate copper
>> phone line now.
>>
>> I'd consider it myself if I weren't tied to having ADSL over my phone
>> line, and as yet there isn't a way to separate them (in the UK)
>>
> In NL there is...  ;-) Especially interesting as I have ISDN, which is
> almost twice as expensive...
>
> So I am really going to look in to it... I'd save about EUR 20,00 per
> month that way!

If you think your ISP is reliable enough then go for it!

There is a small (and growing!) number of small businesses (and not so
small ones either!) who are moving towards using their broadband
(typically ADSL in the UK) connection for Telephony - and even installing
a 2nd ADSL line just for VoIP. It can work out a lot cheaper than going
down the "traditional" ISDN2/ISDN30 route for a lot of people as a small
business expands.

> Undfortunately I'll have to pay reconnection fee before I can cancel!  :-o

I guess that's a country thing - good luck :)

Gordon