[asterisk-users] Redirecting an existing channel?

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu May 10 16:42:51 MST 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> There's been a few posts looking for telemarketer torture scripts so I
> figured that I would write one using a SQLite db.  Handling an incoming
> call that is flagged from the database is pretty simple.
>
> My problem is that I would like the callee on an established channel to
> be able to redirect the caller to a specific context where my AGI is
> called and handles the call by first recording the callers CID into the
> database (if available) and then starts to turn the screws on the caller.
>
> Is it possible to conditionally override the blind transfer feature
> somehow to achieve this functionality?  I've looked a Transfer() cmd and
> setting TRANSFER_CONTEXT, but they don't seem like what I need as they
> do not provide control during a call.
>
> Can this be implemented in the context, "context=>parkedcalls" specified
> in features.conf?
>
> Thanks,

It appears that that the transfer functionality in asterisk uses the
context that the extension uses for dialing out to determine dialing
protocol for the transfer.

I stuck a exten=>23,1,Playback(tt-weasels) in my extensions' context and
tested it.

I know it makes perfect sense that the context a particular exten uses
would be the same one that transferring used, but I didn't think of it
still.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee