[asterisk-users] call transfer to asterik.. asterisk as an end point

Zahid Mehmood zmofny at yahoo.com
Thu May 10 07:22:11 MST 2007

Hello All.

     I am having some trouble with call transfers when asterisk is the 2nd party called and I hope to benefit from your experience.

I want to use asterisk for call park/pickup and have configured openser
to relay calls made to  ruri 700-720 to asterisk running on
localhost:5069

Call flow:

phone A calls  phone B  (both phones are polycom)

Phone B answers

then phone b user presses transfer and dials 700

asterisk plays back 701 as the parking lot location

phone B user presses transfer again.

   at this time phone b is not disconnected from asterisk system

   phone A is also connected to asterisk and hears 702 as the parking
lot location (as if asterisk places the user at priority 1 for that

context)

 From phone C calling 702 will connect phone C to phone A.

This was a specific example but this transfer problem is not limited to
call park only. It happens any time asterisk is the second party called
in call transfer.

Thanks in advance for your help.

--

Zahid