[asterisk-users] Re: zttranscode crashes server

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Thu May 10 07:09:22 MST 2007

In article <520425160705030538j9d06abag938a15e3bc68f466 at mail.gmail.com>,
Forrest Beck <jonforrest.beck at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was just looking to see if anyone else has seen this problem as well.
>
> When asterisk starts up it loads the zttranscode module.  The problem
> exist when I use the init scripts to stop asterisk and then use the
> zaptel init script to unload modules.  Since the zaptel init script
> didn't load the zttranscode module it will error out when trying to
> unload the modules.

The zttranscode module is getting loaded automatically by Linux when
Asterisk tries to see whether there is a hardware transcoder.

If you don't have a hardware transcoder, add the following line to
/etc/asterisk/modules.conf:

noload => codec_zap.so

Then Asterisk won't try to access the transcoder device. Much cleaner.

Of course, the init scripts should account for zttranscode as well.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield