[asterisk-users] ODBC

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Thu May 10 06:46:02 MST 2007

Forrest Beck wrote:
> I am trying to compile asterisk with ODBC support on CentOS 4.4.  I am
> running into the same issue as documented in this bug.
>
> http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8214
>
> The server is a Dell 2950 with Dual Core /64bit processors (2Gig RAM).
> I tried creating a symbolic link link mentioned in the bug report,
> but didn't have any luck.
>
> Any one else had this issue?  What did you do to get around it?
>
> I decided to use the ODBC driver because it seems to be better supported.
>
> Also,  This raises another question.  Any one have 64 bit hardware
> running a 32bit OS?  Are there any advantages to using the 64bit OS
> with Asterisk?
>
> Thanks!

I have not messed around with ODBC support myself.

However, I'm running a new 64 bit Pentium box with 32 bit CentOS 4.4
(final) and it seems to work ok.  I actually installed it by accident
(instad of 64 bit version), but when it seems to work so I just left it.
  Not sure what the future will bring...

--

Warm Regards,

Lee