[asterisk-users] List of telemarketers??

Dave Bour dcbour at desktopsolutioncenter.ca
Thu May 10 04:51:39 MST 2007

As this is a thread off a topic I spun off another thread...some
thoughts...or a pooled database of numbers not listed..doesn't even need
to be telemarketers.
1. track the hit count.and last used..collecitvely..see if a number is
still being used...
2. name against the company...
3. a list of bogus entries..so when you look at it, you know it's a fake
phone number...one that recently came in that got me thinking this was
407 111 1111.  Right away, I knew it was a spammer/telemarketer since
it's not a valid number...and I was on the offence answering the
phone...

In fact, a possible update to the blacklist function in asterisk is a
database tracking of it's usage.  is it a one of that hit me once..never
called back...

and another issue is the charity type...what's blacklist to you may not
be to me, ie..clothing pickup donation charitys...they really annoy me
calling several times a week, but one, I don't block as they're good,
their caller id is accurate and they actually leave a message with a
number offering you to call back if you have something to pick up
(granted it's a recording that does that but at least it's not a
hangup).  Some may wish to block all those... Political donation type
numbers are another one that irk some but not others.

By putting names against the number and "classification"...you could at
least then choose to blacklist once the first call comes in, based on
accurate caller id info.