[asterisk-users] asterisk with festival facing problem

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed May 9 10:02:03 MST 2007

Cheikhou DIAW wrote:
> hi List,
> i've been trying to get festival work on my 1.4.4 *box for the last 3days,
> i've used the tutorial on this page
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation
> <http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation>
> with exactly the same line in my dialplan just to make a test

I would recommend looking at Cepstal.  The voices are cheap, like
$30(US) per voice per server.  The quality is great and there are a
number of third party libraries that abstract the use of the Cepstral
Swift engine.  Or you can just use the system command to create the
sound files to play.

http://www.cepstral.com

I wrote a free AGI application for swift a while back that should work
ok for you as well:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/DTSwift+Cepstral+AGI+Wrapper

There is another one, a direct add-on for Asterisk, that will play the
cepstral voices directly from a stream instead of first creating a file.
  I forgot the name/url though.  Hopefully someone will jump in and
provide that.

--

Warm Regards,

Lee