[asterisk-users] asterisk with festival facing problem

Cheikhou DIAW deuteryon at gmail.com
Tue May 8 22:14:39 MST 2007

hi List,
i've been trying to get festival work on my 1.4.4 *box for the last 3days,
i've used the tutorial on this page
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+Festival+installation

with exactly the same line in my dialplan just to make a test

now when i try to call( dial 555 ) from my softphone i get this message on
festival server debugger:
server    Tue May  8 11:36:53 2007 : Festival server started on port 1314
client(1) Tue May  8 11:37:31 2007 : accepted from localhost.localdomain
client(1) Tue May  8 11:37:31 2007 : disconnected

then from my CLI> there nothing after
parsing '/etc/asterisk/festival.conf' : found

and my softphone get connected and  can stay so till i hang up without any
sound

did someone esperienced this situation???
any clue??
thanks in advance