[asterisk-users] Vista compatibilty in SIP softphones

Deepak Naidu deepak_nai at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 21:11:43 MST 2007

I have Vista on my new HP laptop & X-lite soft phone works like charm with it, I tried sjphone, I couldnt get that working, its gets hung.

  --
  Deepak

Chris Bagnall <lists at minotaur.cc> wrote:
  Greetings list,

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that, unsurprisingly, nearly every new PC seems to be coming with Vista these days. I expect it'll only be a matter of time for all of us before clients start needing Vista-compatible softphones (if it's not already happened).

So, what's the story with Vista compatibility amongst the softphones currently out there? Ideally, I'd like to find a decent open-source Vista-compatible softphone, but free, even if closed-source would do the job for the time being.

What are your experiences with SIP softphones under Vista?

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html

Linux your Life, Don't Window it [[]]