[asterisk-users] Vista compatibilty in SIP softphones

Jason Parker jparker at digium.com
Tue May 8 11:57:00 MST 2007

----- "Chris Bagnall" <lists at minotaur.cc> wrote:
> Greetings list,
>
> I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that, unsurprisingly,
> nearly every new PC seems to be coming with Vista these days. I expect
> it'll only be a matter of time for all of us before clients start
> needing Vista-compatible softphones (if it's not already happened).
>
> So, what's the story with Vista compatibility amongst the softphones
> currently out there? Ideally, I'd like to find a decent open-source
> Vista-compatible softphone, but free, even if closed-source would do
> the job for the time being.
>
> What are your experiences with SIP softphones under Vista?
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris
> --
> C.M. Bagnall, Director, Minotaur I.T. Limited
> For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html
> This email is made from 100% recycled electrons

Zoa over at asteriskguru was kind enough to send me a beta version (which is now released) of idefisk v2, after I told him I was using Vista (yeah, yeah, I insaned for a day there when I got the CD from HP).

It actually worked really well.  There were some mic issues, but those were driver related.

idefisk isn't open source, but there is a free version with a bunch of features.

--
Jason Parker
Digium