[asterisk-users] Responding to SIP OPTIONS

Alex Lake alex at digitalmail.com
Tue May 8 05:08:04 MST 2007

I understand that it is customary for SIP User Agents to send OPTIONS
packets every now and then to check that a peer is still alive and well.
Indeed I understand that Asterisk itself sends them if qualify is set to
yes in the peer configuration.

How is one supposed to configure the dialplan so that Asterisk responds
correctly to these requests?

At the moment, I'm seeing "Looking for s in default" and then a "404 Not
Found" being returned - which can't be right.

Thanks!
Alex Lake
DIGITAL MAIL LIMITED