[asterisk-users] Problem with the loading of the cards in Debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon May 7 21:22:27 MST 2007

On Mon, May 07, 2007 at 05:15:26PM -0300, MCelo wrote:
> Cohen,
>
> >On different boots you get the modules loaded with a different order?
> >

> Yes, thats it.
>
> >What do you have in /etc/modules ? This should take effect on boot.
>
> I have the following in /etc/modules :
>
> asterisk:~# cat /etc/modules
> # /etc/modules: kernel modules to load at boot time.
> #
> # This file contains the names of kernel modules that should be loaded
> # at boot time, one per line. Lines beginning with "#" are ignored.
>
> zaptel

You don't really need zaptel here. It will get loaded by a modprobe of
any of the other.

> wcte11xp
> wctdm
> wcfxo

OK.

> loop
>

> This is the order that I want. I don't know what loop means.
>
> >What do you have in /etc/sysconfig/zaptel ? This should take efect if
> >you unloaded all modules and want to reload them.
> >

> I don't have the file /etc/sysconfig/zaptel, but I have
> /etc/default/zaptel.

Right. My mistake.

> Where I can find some information about the
> and I left commented the modules that I don't want. I have the
> following in /etc/default/zaptel :
>
> asterisk:~# cat /etc/default/zaptel
> TELEPHONY=yes
> #DEBUG=yes

Removing remmed-out lines:

> MODULES="$MODULES wcte11xp"     # TE110P - Single Span T1/E1 Card
> MODULES="$MODULES wcfxo"        # X100P - Single port FXO interface
> MODULES="$MODULES wctdm"        # TDM400P - Modular FXS/FXO interface

So you basically have:

MODULES="$MODULES wct1xxp wcfxo wctdm"

Also note that you don't initialize MODULES . I believe
/etc/init.d/zaptel has a default value for it.

grep MODULES= /etc/init.d/zaptel

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org