[asterisk-users] FXO recommendation

Gergo Csibra csibra at gmail.com
Fri May 4 10:11:29 MST 2007

Friday, May 4, 2007, 3:06:02 PM, Dave wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-05-04 at 08:35 -0400, Joe acquisto wrote:
>> Gergo Csibra <csibra at gmail.com> Wrote: 5/4/2007 8:12 AM:
>> > Yes it is an ATA with an FXS and an FXO port, and you can use as many
>> > as you want instead of one TDM400/TDM800/TDM2400.
>> >

>> It has two RJ11 ports
Yes, one for FXO, one for FXS

> and an RJ45
Two RJ45, one for local network, one for Internet (if you use this box
for voip subscription).

>> , but it cannot "replace" a TDM card, which is what I thought you were suggesting.

> Depends on what you mean by replace. Physically no, but functionally
> yes.

You can reach the FXS and FXO port as a simple SIP client, so it works
without zaptel.

>> I missed the original posting.  Since no one else has spoken up,
>> perhaps I am off base.  Please help clear up what I am missing.

Original poster wants to have an FXO port. There's many sollution for
that, TDM400P is only one (and maybe the most expensive) of them.

--
Best regards,
 Gergo                            mailto:csibra at gmail.com