[asterisk-users] app_txfax, app_rxfax

mail-lists mail-lists at peachnet.com
Fri May 4 06:46:23 MST 2007

Stefan Wintermeyer wrote:
> Steve,
>
> Am 04.05.2007 um 14:44 schrieb mail-lists:
>> I'm trying to compile asterisk from source (1.2.18). Faxing is fairly
>> critical for us, so in the past we've used spandsps app_rxfax and
>> app_txfax to support faxing in asterisk. Unfortunately I can't find
>> these applications on soft-switch.org anymore
>
> Forget them! Use Hylafax and iaxmodem instead.
>
>> Does anyone know how to best handle faxing in 1.2.18? Is it even
>> necessary to compile these two apps into asterisk? what about spandsp?
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated,
>
> I only have a German howto available. But you should get the idea:
> http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de/stable/installation-iaxmodem.html
> http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de/stable/installation-hylafax.html
>
>   Stefan
>
> --
Stefan,

My name is spelled Stefan too :)

I AM using hylafax/iaxmodem on my production boxes. I guess I'm not
entirely clear on WHAT app_rxfax, app_txfax do.

Are iaxmodem/hylafax essentially a replacement for these asterisk
internal applications?

Also,

In the past I've installed Trixbox/FreePbx. It uses NvFaxDetect to
detect incoming faxes - is this an application I need to build for asterisk?

Thanks!