[asterisk-users] app_txfax, app_rxfax

Stefan Wintermeyer stefan.wintermeyer at amooma.de
Fri May 4 05:58:02 MST 2007

Steve,

Am 04.05.2007 um 14:44 schrieb mail-lists:
> I'm trying to compile asterisk from source (1.2.18). Faxing is
> fairly critical for us, so in the past we've used spandsps
> app_rxfax and app_txfax to support faxing in asterisk.
> Unfortunately I can't find these applications on soft-switch.org
> anymore

Forget them! Use Hylafax and iaxmodem instead.

> Does anyone know how to best handle faxing in 1.2.18? Is it even
> necessary to compile these two apps into asterisk? what about spandsp?
>
> Any advice would be appreciated,

I only have a German howto available. But you should get the idea:
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de/stable/installation-iaxmodem.html
http://www.das-asterisk-buch.de/stable/installation-hylafax.html

   Stefan

--
amooma GmbH - Bachstr. 126 - 56566 Neuwied - http://www.amooma.de
     Let's use IT to solve problems and not to create new ones.

Geschäftsführer: Stefan Wintermeyer
Handelsregister: Neuwied B 14998