[asterisk-users] OT - robo dialer

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Fri May 4 00:46:01 MST 2007

Am Freitag, den 04.05.2007, 00:48 -0400 schrieb Doug Crompton:
> Can anyone suggest a source for a free robot dialer or examples? I need to
> do some non-commercial auto dialing using Asterisk. Simple phone numbers
> in a file, line by line format.
>
> I found one called AstAutoDiaker but I was not able to get it to work and
> it appears to not be supported - no email response from author.

Depending on what is required to happen on that call, you might get away
with some simple scripting and .call files. Along the lines of...

#!/usr/bin/perl
while (<STDIN>) {
	$phonenumber = $_;
	$callfilecontent = "Read the docs.\n".$phonenumber."Text\n";

	# Write that stuff to a file on the same physical partition
	# as your callfile directory, give it the time stamp of
	# the time it is intended to be run, and move it over.
}

... and piping the phonenumbers into the script through stdin.

Of course your dialplan would have to accomodate for the "local" end,
such that the callee will get some entertainment (announcement,
whatever).

BR
Anselm