[asterisk-users] OT - robo dialer

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Thu May 3 22:18:03 MST 2007

Thanks Chris,

 Looks like a lot of capability. I can deal with Perl but I still was
hoping for something a little more turnkey.

Doug

On Fri, 4 May 2007, Chris Bennett wrote:

> Hi Doug,
>
> > Can anyone suggest a source for a free robot dialer or examples? I need to
> > do some non-commercial auto dialing using Asterisk. Simple phone numbers
> > in a file, line by line format.
> >
> > I found one called AstAutoDiaker but I was not able to get it to work and
> > it appears to not be supported - no email response from author.
>
> If you are comfortable with Perl (programming language), or have
> access to somebody who is, you could get something working with the
> CPAN module Net::SIP ..
>   http://search.cpan.org/~sullr/Net-SIP-0.26/
>
> Amongst other things, it can be a 'phone' with the module
> Net::SIP::Endpoint.
>   http://search.cpan.org/~sullr/Net-SIP-0.26/lib/Net/SIP/Endpoint.pod
>
> I havn't used it myself as yet but intend to in the next few months.
> If your requirements are for unattended dialling then you might find
> this option more flexible since you can make it do exactly what you
> want.
>
> Good luck with it anyhow! :)
>
> Regards,
>
> Chris Bennett

"Those that sacrifice essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety
 deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Ben Franklin (1759)

*  Doug Crompton	   *
*  Richboro, PA 18954	   *
*  215-431-6307		   *
* doug at crompton.com        *