[asterisk-users] Called party identification - where to take calledname?

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Thu May 3 10:01:25 MST 2007

Yehavi wrote:
>  I am trying to apply the "called party identification"
> patch (patch 8824) and managed to make it work with a
> static data. Where do I take the name of the called person
> (the "equivalent" of CALLERID, but the other way...)?
Short answer is that you cannot.

Longer answer is that it is possible, but requires new
functionality to be added to the core and a new API call
be added that can check if the called party is a local
endpoint and retrieve the caller-id values.

At least that was what I found when working on the patch.
If anyone knows a way to lookup a peer/friend from the
dialplan and collect such details, it would be possible to
use the existing patch without any more changes in the core.

> BTW, one note to the above patch: To make it work the device
> should have the parameter sendrpid set to true.

Dan