[asterisk-users] allowing call every 15mins

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Thu May 3 00:30:01 MST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 02.05.2007, 20:04 +0100 schrieb Goke Aruna:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a set up that answer my customer. and its working well,
>
> however, the number of call to technical dept is what i want to reduce.
>
> I want all call to get to voice prompt except that that enter when
> minutes is 15, 30, 45, 60(in multiples of 15 minutes).
>
> how can i achieve this and what application can i use to get this done.
>
> I will be glad, if someone can give me a hint on this.

Are you trying to hint for future content of the Dilbert cartoon strip?
What exactly is the point in allowing calls only during those four
minutes?

You would probably better set up a Queue system where callers can wait
for anyone to answer the phone... or at least listen to some music NOT.

By the way, once the customers learn about such an unusual setup, once
problems start, the system will get a workload spike four times per hour
- this is probably not something you want to achieve. (Have trouble with
phones => get more trouble soon)

As others write, this implementation is technically possible, and not
even too complicated, but for the reason of it, I draw a blank. Would
you please explain the idea behind it, for our all viewing pleasure?

Regards,
Anselm