[asterisk-users] VPN between Asterisk server and phone client

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Wed May 2 15:26:41 MST 2007

If you run it on the fly, doesn't that mean that the Asterisk user will have
permissions to configure VPN's? Nobody sees a problem with that? I thinking
that if you knock over the Asterisk service and get shell execution rights
as Asterisk, you could be able to start tunnels for things other than voice.
It's like giving a hacker a great way to hide their activities from your IDS
without having to bother to get root first to install an encrypted data
pipe.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107