[asterisk-users] Re: How many users can be supported simultaneously?

Knud Müller k.mueller at portrix.net
Wed May 2 12:21:25 MST 2007

Benny Amorsen wrote:

>KM> Hi, there are some interesting figures on
>KM> http://www.thrallingpenguin.com/articles/asterisk-solaris.htm.
>
>It's hard to take them as more than a lower bound on that particular
>hardware. No attempt is made at figuring out what actually limits
>throughput, and the cpu figures add up to more than 100%.
>
>Hopefully noone who cares about throughput uses a Celeron, anyway.

Yep, they are more or less a hint, but not more. Nevertheless we are
currently testing a Sun T1000,
which we assume to perform very well. We started with Linux on that
machine but will test Solaris as
well. I'll publish some figures here.
Oh, forgot: We have a Quadcore Xeon as well to be tested soon.
Knud