[asterisk-users] delay in switching between contexts

Danish Samad danishsamad at gmail.com
Wed May 2 08:49:35 MST 2007

Hi,

I am facing this issue, where I get a delay of aroud five seconds when
switching between contexts (through extension.conf) . This is how my
extensions looks like.

[salesivr]
exten => _X.,1,NoOp(Incoming call from user ${EXTEN} and caller id
${CALLERID})
exten => _X.,2,Playback(emptyy)
exten => _X.,3,Background(Main_Sales)
exten => _X.,4,WaitExten(2)
exten => _X.,5,Goto(_X.,3)

exten => 0,1,Goto(SalesRep,s,1)
exten => 1,1,Goto(Inquiry,s,1)
exten => 9,1,Goto(_X.,3)

[BalanceInquiry]

;extensions

[Inquiry]

;extensions

When I press a digit in _X,3 or _X,4 it takes some time before switching to
the desired context. When switching context I see this on the cli

Executing BackGround("SIP/103-41220030", "Main_Sales") in new stack

-- Playing 'Main_Sales' (language 'en')

== CDR updated on SIP/103-41220030

-- Executing Goto("SIP/103-41220030", "BalanceInquiry|s|1") in new stack

-- Goto (BalanceInquiry,s,1)

It seems the CDR update is eating up time, Can some one suggest whats going
on here and how I can get out of this dilemma. Is there some way I can
disable the CDR writing.

Thanking you in advance,

Danish.