[asterisk-users] VPN between Asterisk server and phone client

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed May 2 04:14:38 MST 2007

A very simple and flexible answer is OpenVPN.  Install OpenVPN on your
Asterisk server with it's own network (eg 10.8.0.x) and setup your PC to
connect to the Asterisk server, the PC will also get a 10.8.0.x address.
Configure your softphone to use the new network settings and all traffic
will be secure over the VPN.

OpenVPN has a little learning curve but if you follow the examples, you
should be up in running in half a day.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com