[asterisk-users] chan_sip seems to be hanging

Ken Williams ken at intermountainelectronics.com
Tue May 1 13:37:47 MST 2007

I posted about this problem last week and thought it was a combination
of SIP/ZAP causing issues in Asterisk.  Since then I've realized it's
only the SIP channel that's hanging.  When this happens a call can still
come in and hit the IVR, but no one can connect to the server from a SIP
client.

I tried reloading chan_sip.so today when this occurred, and I tried
unloading chan_sip.so but was told the channel was in use.  How can I
clear SIP connections?  With ZAP channels I can use ZAP DESTROY CHANNEL,
but I don't see the equivalent for SIP.

Any suggestions for tracking down what's causing SIP to hang?  My only
option as it stands is to shutdown asterisk & restart it, I included a
piece of the log last week and am willing to do so again if needed.  If
I can see which SIP channels the server thinks are open when the channel
hangs I'm hoping this will allow me to find if it's a common phone or
perhaps some dialplan logic gone bad.

Thanks,
Ken