[asterisk-users] is dundi worth pursuing in this situation?

Justin Hamade justhamade at gmail.com
Tue May 1 11:14:01 MST 2007

I have run into the exact same situation and have the same question.  I did
it in the dial plan manually due to time contraints but if DUNDi or ENUM or
something else is better suited I would love to know.

Also the guides and tutorial that I found did not touch on specifics for a
situation like this, if anyone knows of one I would be interested in reading
it.

Thanks,
Justin

On 5/1/07, Erik Anderson <erikerik at gmail.com> wrote:

> At work, I have 4 branch offices at which I've deployed asterisk.
> Call termination/origination at each branch office is handled either
> through a frac PRI or 3rd party SIP provider.  Soon, I'll be replacing
> the legacy PBX at our HQ with asterisk.
>
> Each branch office has between 3 and 20 employees, each with their own
> extension and DID, and at headquarters, we have about 70 people, again
> each with their own extensions and DID.
>
> Handling local and LD calls from all the offices isn't a big deal -
> just normal call routing for that.  My main question is what to do
> with calls between the offices.  Each branch is connected back to HQ
> with a persistant VPN tunnel - I've tested IAX2 traffic over these
> tunnels before, and things work great.  Since this works fairly well,
> I envision using IAX trunks for all intra-office calls.  So - in this
> situation, would it be easier to just manage the office dialplan(s)
> and call routing manually, or would it be worth it to set up dundi for
> extension discovery?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Erik Anderson