[asterisk-users] Calls in ulaw, not gsm as desired

Salvatore Giudice Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com
Tue May 1 09:30:24 MST 2007

It's probably not your codec. Do you have your asterisk box on a Voice VLAN
with priority queing configured? If you have mixed traffic on your uplink
without VLAN's and priority queuing (or possibly 802.1p), then your QoS will
suffer. Changing your codec to GSM will lower bandwidth consumption, but
late packets are still late packets. If you can, try to get a measurement of
latency to your peering provider before and after setting up QoS.

Salvatore Giudice
Salvatore.Giudice at VoIPSecurityTraining.com

VoIP Security Training, LLC
http://VoIPSecurityTraining.com

848 N. Rainbow Blvd. #1676
Las Vegas, NV 89107