[asterisk-users] Calls in ulaw, not gsm as desired

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Tue May 1 08:57:51 MST 2007

My problem is this....

We have a location outside of our network which is done over vpn.
Everything works except for the voice quality to that location isn't
very good. To try to resolve this, I wanted to try to make all calls go
over gsm. Right now, when i say "show sip channels", they all show ulaw
signaling.

My setup is pretty basic. I have realtime setup with mysql. In the
sip.conf file, I did have disallow=all, allow=ulaw, allow=gsm. I removed
those lines from there and in my sip_buddies table, I made sure that the
extensions i'm using have disallow=all and allow=gsm.

However, even once I reloaded the extensions, its still only using ulaw.

Any thoughts?
Rob