[asterisk-users] RE: Voicemail on Different Server (MySQL Replication split thread)

JR Richardson jmr.richardson at gmail.com
Tue May 1 06:27:32 MST 2007

> Having master and slave servers in the same switch fabric is the only
> situation in which I would consider replication.
>
> The cases that I described were with machines in separate subnets.
> Replication simply doesn't work that well when there is significant
> latency. Did they mention that in your HA class?

We setup lab scenarios of replicating databases in different locations,
subnets, Master in Dallas, Slave in Chicago, Atlanta.

Now that you mentioned that, I do recall a situation whereby high latency
between sites could cause replication to be slow, the slaves could fall
behind, and with a network connectivity issue data replication could fail.

Thanks for the feedback.

JR