[asterisk-users] One way intermittent static to PSTN

Porier, Jeremy M. jporier at ccu.edu
Fri Mar 30 09:38:37 MST 2007

We are having intermittent problems where the person we call reports
static when we place an outgoing PSTN call.  Only the person called
hears static, to us the conversation sounds fine.  Never happens on
inbound calls.  It doesn't matter what channel you call from (IAX, SIP,
or Zap).  We have a Sangoma A108D with hardware echo cancellation with 2
PRIs to Level3 and 2 PRIs to a Nortel Option 61c and then several IAX
trunks running into this box as well.  Box is HP DL 385 G2.  I've ruled
out bad cables, bad port on sangoma and bad port at Level3 rack.  When
under load and while the problem is occurring zttest is never less than
99.987793 and is usually 100.  Nothing showing up in any logs anywhere.
Not sure it is related, but I'm noticing a very loud click when an
incoming or outgoing call is initiated that I don't remember in the
past.

I'm stumped.  Anyone ever experience this?  Suggestions for further
trouble shooting?

Thanks,
Jeremy