Fwd: [asterisk-users] Multi-registration ?

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Mar 30 05:51:34 MST 2007

Yuan LIU wrote:
>> From: Drew Gibson <drew at oanda.com>
>> Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:08:51 -0400
>>
>> Olivier wrote:
>>>
>>>     I tried using multiple accounts from one phone to separate call
>>> centre traffic but the phones (Aastra 480i) would default all calls
>>> from the phone to the account with the "highest" line number. This
>>> made it impractical for my purposes.
>>>     Drew
>>>
>>> Do think this limitation comes the phone or from Asterisk ?
>>> Cheers
>>>
>> The phone,  it selects the outgoing account to use.
>
> Logistically, there is no way for the phone to know which outgoing
> account YOU want it to use, unless you press extra buttons like on old
> style PBX phones or multi-line phones.  Short of having custom made
> phones, you can play with dial plan and use, for example, a special
> prefix or postfix to indicate which personality you want to present
> when outgoing.  Is this practical?
>
> Yuan Liu

My phones know which line I want to use, they have a button for each
one. I have since found that there is an issue with the way that the
Aastra 480i registers the separate lines/accounts with Asterisk leaving
Asterisk unable to differentiate between the lines on outbound calls.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson