Fwd: [asterisk-users] Multi-registration ?

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 02:54:49 MST 2007

>From: Drew Gibson <drew at oanda.com>
>Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 15:08:51 -0400
>
>Olivier wrote:
>>
>>     I tried using multiple accounts from one phone to separate call
>>centre traffic but the phones (Aastra 480i) would default all calls from
>>the phone to the account with the "highest" line number. This made it
>>impractical for my purposes.
>>     Drew
>>
>>Do think this limitation comes the phone or from Asterisk ?
>>Cheers
>>
>The phone,  it selects the outgoing account to use.

Logistically, there is no way for the phone to know which outgoing account
YOU want it to use, unless you press extra buttons like on old style PBX
phones or multi-line phones.  Short of having custom made phones, you can
play with dial plan and use, for example, a special prefix or postfix to
indicate which personality you want to present when outgoing.  Is this
practical?

Yuan Liu