[asterisk-users] Dialplan Streaming

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu Mar 29 21:35:11 MST 2007

Doug Garstang wrote:
> Stephen Bosch wrote:
>> Doug Garstang wrote:
>>
>>> Oh poo. No one seems to know. :(
>>>

>> Your mistake is replying to an existing thread and changing the subject
>> line instead of starting a new one.
>>
>> Start a new thread, and people are more likely not only to notice your
>> message, but reply to it.
>>

> If I had started a new thread, with a slightly modified subject, and
> asked the question again, right now I'd be justifying my life against
> the lynch mob for doing so.

Maybe you've misunderstood me. I meant that you replied to a completely
unrelated thread to start a new subject, which means that people with
threaded readers (like yours truly) are unlikely to ever see your message.

While it's easy to click "reply" to an existing message, it does make a
mess of the archives, and as I mentioned, makes you invisible to someone
reading the list through a threaded reader.

Why not just put the Asterisk list address in your address book? That
will make posting a new message to the list very easy.

Cheers,

-Stephen-