[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 + Asterisk +Edit buttons

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:28:35 MST 2007

Hi Rob -

> I have setup a special extension in asterisk which toggles whether our
> "Night Service" is turned on. However, I would like to have 2 things
> happen on our Polycom 501 (or 601)s. Where there are buttons which say
> "New Call" and "Forward", I would like to add a button called "NS". Is
> there a way to edit its software? The second feature would be to change
> the display to read "Night Service On" if it is.

I have this same feature enabled for one of my clients.  You can't
edit the soft buttons on the phone, but you can edit the hard keys.  I
remapped a speed dial to an unused hard key.  When this key/speed-dial
is pressed, it plays back a sound file that says whether or not night
service is on.

- Noah