[asterisk-users] Polycom 501 + Asterisk +Edit buttons

Rob Schall rschall at callone.net
Thu Mar 29 10:24:02 MST 2007

Hey All,

This is more a polycom question, but involves how to make it
specifically interact with asterisk...

I have setup a special extension in asterisk which toggles whether our
"Night Service" is turned on. However, I would like to have 2 things
happen on our Polycom 501 (or 601)s. Where there are buttons which say
"New Call" and "Forward", I would like to add a button called "NS". Is
there a way to edit its software? The second feature would be to change
the display to read "Night Service On" if it is.

These might be stretching what the phone can handle, but I'm unsure how
to make this work with our asterisk setup.

Thanks,
Rob