[asterisk-users] Meetme cant handle more than 5 users in a call?? hmmmm

Matt mhoppes at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:33:15 MST 2007

> > "Most people download Asterisk, buy a bunch of phones and then run into
> a brick wall," he said. "Those 'Asterisk rescues' are a lot of our business
> right now."
>
> "Most people?" This guy's got a marketing dude's hand up his shirt. Do
> you know many businesses that installed their own Norstar or Meridian
> system? I don't know of *any* business that will dare deploy their own
> Asterisk -- all the ones I've encountered are using consultants.
>
> Now, if he means "Most consultants download Asterisk..."

Well, I will give him this.   'Most people', maybe not.    However, some
folks in IT departments may decide to.   We have delt with a few copanies
who have tried to install Asterisk themselves, and then run into problems
and we've had to come rescue them.    The issue, I think, is, people think
they can install it and they dont' know anything about it.  But, because
it's "just software" it should be easy to get working.     This is true, to
some extent... and I really think Asterisk is easier to roll out then a
Norhell Norstar system, but still... you can't just go throwing phones on
your network and expect it to work!