[asterisk-users] Meetme cant handle more than 5 users in a call?? hmmmm

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Wed Mar 28 13:40:21 MST 2007

Matt wrote:
> Yikes!  While I will agree I think Digium needs to do a little better QA
> (let's not start that war again), this kind of FUD doesn't do anything
> for the community.   I've had Asterisk running with meetme no problem
> with many more then 5 users.

Agreed -- they're treading on dangerous ground.

I'm effectively done with Trixbox; it's not any less opaque than
Asterisk (if anything, it's moreso) and if I'm going to have to mess
around with it, just give me Asterisk. After a while, Fonality's
marketing marmelade gets tiresome.

> “Most people download Asterisk, buy a bunch of phones and then run into a brick wall,” he said. “Those ‘Asterisk rescues’ are a lot of our business right now.”

"Most people?" This guy's got a marketing dude's hand up his shirt. Do
you know many businesses that installed their own Norstar or Meridian
system? I don't know of *any* business that will dare deploy their own
Asterisk -- all the ones I've encountered are using consultants.

Now, if he means "Most consultants download Asterisk..."

;)

-Stephen-