[asterisk-users] ztdummy and MOH

Andrew Joakimsen joakimsen at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 20:54:35 MST 2007

No, what happens is the SIP client has silence suppression enabled.
MOH works by symmetrical RTP. One frame of voice is received one frame
of MOH is sent. So if the client supresses silence frames there is no
MOH played during that time.

ALso if you see:

started music on hold
stopped music on hold right after

Chances are its your configuration that is the issue.