[asterisk-users] ztdummy and MOH

Wooi Koay wooi at pobox.com
Wed Mar 28 11:20:20 MST 2007

On 3/28/07, Eric ManxPower Wieling <eric at fnords.org> wrote:
> Klaverstyn, David C wrote:
> > I am using autoload and I have rebooted the server.  I have tried using
> > different files and a different location.  This is getting very
> > frustrating.
>
> If the call was a SIP call then I would say that the device is using
> VAD/CND (silence detection).  This is the classic cause of MoH only
> working when there is audio going in the other direction.  Maybe there
> is SIP somewhere in the call path.

I have the similar problem on 1.4.1.  I don't remember having it in
1.4.0, I could be wrong.  I have a SIP provider, when calls come in,
it play MOH while waiting for to be picked up.  ztdummy is loaded.

Another interesting thing I notice,

exten => s,1,Zapateller(answer|nocallerid)
exten => s,n,Background(PleaseWait)
exten => s,n,Dial(100,30,r)

Please note, if I use "r" (ring) instead of "m" in the Dial option, I
have choppy ring too.  If I rub my finger on the mouth piece, the
ring/MOH is fine.

Any solution to this problem?  I'm using asterisk 1.4.1 with zaptel 1.4.0.

Thanks.
Wooi