[asterisk-users] TDM400p reliability

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 09:34:26 MST 2007

Hi Joe -

> What are peoples experience with the reliability of the TDM400p.  Specifically in
> the 2 FXO, 2 FXS configuration, which is the 022 (?) model.
>
> Is this board prone to random failures?

Back to the original topic...

I have 6 of these cards installed in various asterisk installations
(used by businesses), the oldest of which is about 2.5 years.  There
are a varying mixture of FXO and FXS ports on these cards.  I haven't
seen any failures.  All of them have just worked.

I saw a complaint in this thread: "they can be something of a
nightmare to get right with echo issues and the like".  Keep in mind
that if the quality of the signal on your phone lines is good, you are
unlikely to have echo problems.  Of the 6 cards I mentioned above, I
put 5 of them in place and never had an echo issue.  On the 6th, it
was an older building with really crappy wiring, and I did see some
echo issues.  I recently installed HPEC there, and with no tuning at
all, it has totally solved all problems.

- Noah