[asterisk-users] Doorphone vs. Grandstream BT101

Steve Totaro stotaro at asteriskhelpdesk.com
Wed Mar 28 08:12:17 MST 2007

No
> > I'm not bitter.

OK....

Anyways...  You could still use a Grandstream ATA and just have your
doorbell switch actually be the hook switch for the line, use the h
extension to continue ringing phones, send an SMS, jabber message or
whatever.  Just set the auto dial in the ATA.

Or you could just use a regular old doorbell or one of the wireless
units sold at Radio Shack, Sears, Wal-Mart, and everywhere.  It pains me
to say it, but not everything needs to integrate with Asterisk.
Sometimes a doorbell should just be a doorbell, why make things more
complicated than they need to be?

Thanks,
Steve Totaro
http://www.asteriskhelpdesk.com