[asterisk-users] TDM analog cards, volume, echo, fxotune, ztmonitor and HPEC

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Mon Mar 26 15:34:47 MST 2007

Hi, Matt:

Matthew Fredrickson wrote:
> What version of zaptel are you using fxotune from?  You should be using
> 1.4 fxotune, between 1.2 and 1.4 there was a pretty significant rewrite
> that will probably give you more improvement.  Also, just in case you
> hadn't, make sure you're doing an fxotune -s on bootup so that it
> applies your fxotune configs to your cards each time you boot.
>
> Matthew Fredrickson

Thanks for your input -- yes, I'm using the fxotune from Zaptel 1.4, and
running fxotune -s at boot time.

Echo problem is almost totally gone, especially since I put in the HPEC
software from Digium; the only times users experience echo now is when
calling mobile phones; in those cases I'm almost wondering if the echo
isn't being caused on the cellular side.

The problem now is just user complaints of low volume -- the other party
is difficult to hear. I know I can use ztmonitor to adjust the gain
settings, but I thought that fxotune optimized the gain settings to
reduce echo, so I didn't want to play with gain if it was going to
"undo" the fxotune settings.

-Stephen-