[asterisk-users] Emergency chan_sip issue

Chris Bagnall chris at minotaur.it
Mon Mar 26 14:17:49 MST 2007

Greetings list,

Wondering if some kind soul can help me with an issue with chan_sip segfaulting as soon as it loads...

Basically, if sip.conf contains any peers with "host=dynamic" in them, asterisk won't start. Doing -vvvdddc yields the following:

[chan_sip.so] => (Session Initiation Protocol (SIP))
  == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/sip.conf': Found
Segmentation fault

As soon as I remove the host=dynamic lines from sip.conf, asterisk starts fine, the Zap and IAX channels work, but of course, no SIP phones can register.

This box was working perfectly up until about 6 hours ago when it was restarted.

Any thoughts/suggestions gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Chris
For full contact details visit http://www.minotaur.it/chris.html