[asterisk-users] Chan_cellphone and CentOS 4.x

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Mon Mar 26 13:44:23 MST 2007

Bruce Reeves wrote:
> I ran into a problem today while trying to compile chan_cellphone
> version 17 on a CentOS 4.4 machine. Apparently the bluez and autoconf
> versions were to old and as I tried to install the latest version, I
> found that the new bluez-lib would install and allow the
> chan_cellphone to compile, but bluez-utils required an update to D-sub
> which in turn required python 2.4 or better. That apparently in not
> possible on CentOS from what I have read. So I have it compiled and it
> sees my phone, but paring fails every time, which I think is due to
> the utils package. All that to ask does anyone have this chan working
> on CentOS 4? If so can you help me through this?
>
> --
> Bruce Reeves
> Nortex Networks

How'd pairing fail?  I've worked with a lot of BT goodness in linux
(albeit ubuntu), but the pin-helper stuff has never really don't it for
me.  What I have is:
1. hcid.conf referencing /usr/bin/bluepin as a pin_helper;
2. /usr/bin/bluepin containing:
#!/bin/bash
cat /etc/bluetooth/pin
3. /etc/bluetooth/pin containing:
PIN:12345678

watch permissions.  Works every time.
(my BT setup periodically checks for the presence of various BT capable
cellphones and then synchronizes the phone books using gsmtools; also
daily downloads pics/videos from phones with that capability)