[asterisk-users] Doorphone vs. Grandstream BT101

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Mon Mar 26 13:38:14 MST 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Just get a Grandstream ATA and a handset with no buttons.  So simple.
That doesn't really meet my needs -- I want to be able to dial-out, and
have the person on the other end simply be able to push a button to ring
the doorbell.  The doorbell button requirement stems from the eternal
hope that someday DHL drivers will be trained to push it just before or
after they slam-dunk that box marked "fragile", so I can get this box of
broken computer parts out of the pouring rain when it arrives, and won't
have to file the insurance claim days later when I find the rain-soaked
cardboard blob near the culvert.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there.  What I mean is, I'd like to keep the
doorbell button so that Fedex and UPS drivers can continue to ring it
and leave when they deliver something -- I think having to pick up a
crusty, dirty receiver might be a deterrent even to those 99.9% of folks
who are better trained than a DHL driver.  Shoot, went there again.  No
I'm not bitter.