[asterisk-users] SER vs Asterisk?

David Anderson david.anderson at avctravel.com
Mon Mar 26 09:45:44 MST 2007

 Hi Marco - since you've asked. :)

We're looking to have 3 to 4 T1 lines dropped into our datacenter, which
will contain one of the Asterisk boxes.  From the data center, AT&T is going
to be running a fiberoptic connection directly to our callcenter, which will
employ about 75-100 people.  We'll have a backup T1 that will be setup with
the Master Asterisk box at the callcenter.  We have a few hundred home based
independent contractors scattered across the country - we want them all to
have at least a soft phone and an extension, but we can't require it.

Call routing will be as such:
All calls from our 800#'s will be sent first to the data center, then over
the fiber line to our call center.  Call center agent picks up the call,
does a customer search and asks a few qualifying questions.  They submit the
call in a web based app that we have, which finds the best available agent
(using jabber presence).  Once the call is submitted, home based agents will
see the call on their screen, and then click to claim.  Back at the call
center, the callcenter rep's page is updated (ajax) with which agent it is.
>From this point, phase one is just to transfer the call back out through the
fiber connection, to the data center, then outbound on the t1 line to ring
the analog phone of the agent.

We're looking for some independent help setting this up.  Please email me at
David.Anderson at AVCTravel.com if you have experience with this type of
setup.  Phase 1 will be "get it working" - Phase 2 is going to be a lot of
customization with our current web based system, which uses ColdFusion and
SQL 2K.

Thanks,
 David